Sunday, July 3, 2011

Me'raj


Angels with Feathers: We continued on our path until we reached to the end of the seventh heaven. It was there at the end of the heaven that we witnessed the Throne of Allah. Here I saw an Angel who was glorifying Allah  such: "Wherever I may be, glory is to my Lord. I do not know where your Lord is due to His great status. "

This Angel had two wings such that if they were to spread open, it would cover the east to the west of the Universe. Every morning he would open up his wings, rest against something and cry out such: "Glory be to Allah, the King, the Holy. Glory be to Allah, the Great, the Most High. There is no god except Allah, the Living and Self­ Subsisting.” Whenever the Angel would say this tasbih, all the peacocks that are on the Earth would start to praise Allah  and open their wings up in respect (of Allah).

Whenever this Angel in the heaven would become quiet, the peacocks on the Earth would become quiet. The Angel in the heaven had green hair and white wings ‑ so white that no one has ever seen anything that white before. Under its green hair, there are white wings which are very beautiful ‑ the green which until now has never been seen before.

(From Bihar al-Anwar, Vol. 18, p. 327, Bab 3 - Ithbaat al-Mi`raaj wa ma`anaahu wa kayfiyyatuhu wa sifatuhu wa ma jaraa feehi wa wasf al-buraaq, Hadith 34.)

Bait al Ma’mur Along with Jibra'il, we entered into Bait al‑Ma'mur. A group of my friends were with me all of whom were wearing new clothing. Others from amongst them were wearing old clothing, and when they tried to enter this area, they were prevented. Only those who were wearing new clothing were permitted to enter with me into Bait al‑Ma'mur. In this place, I performed a two Rak'at Salat, and then left.

Two rivers passed by me ‑ one was al‑Kawthar and the other was the river of Mercy. I drank from the river of al‑Kawthar and performed a Ghusl with the river of Mercy. I was then guided to enter into Paradise. In one area of Paradise, I saw my house and that of my wife. The ground and the dirt of Paradise had the smell of Musk and Amber. In the rivers of Paradise, I saw a servant of Allah who was bathing. I asked her, "O' servant! Who are you for?" She replied to me, "I am (here) for Zaid ibn Harith." When I saw Zaid (after this event), I gave him the good tidings of this.

"The birds of Paradise were as the camels of Khurasan (in size). The pomegranates that were hanging on the trees were so large and glowing and incomparable to anything else. It was here that I saw a huge tree such that if a bird were to fly around it for seven hundred years, he would still not be able to go around the entire tree. In Paradise, there is not a single house in which one of the branches of this tree does not cover. I asked Jibra'il regarding this tree and he told me, "This is the tree o f Tuba about which, Allah has said in the Qur'an:"...Tuba shall be theirs and a goodly return” Surah al‑Ra'd (13).  Thus this tree of Tuba is in Paradise and all of the houses in there are under (the shade) of this tree.

 I asked Jibra'il concerning all the wonderful things that we had witnessed including the rivers, and those things which frightened me, and he replied, "These are all various levels of veils which are placed between Allah  the High and His creations. If these curtains were not there, then the Throne of Allah would have been visible however, it is not possible for any of His creations to see His Light (Nur).'" 

( Bihar al-Anwar, Vol. 18, p. 327-328, Bab 3 - Ithbaat al-Mi`raaj wa ma`anaahu wa kayfiyyatuhu wa sifatuhu wa ma jaraa feehi wa wasf al-buraaq, Hadith 34.)

No comments: