Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I wonder...

I wonder how a person can be happy, who is certain of death.

I wonder at a person who is certain of reckoning

(the Day of Judgement), but still accumulates wealth.

I wonder at a person who is certain of going into the grave,
but still smiles without concern.
I wonder at a person who is certain of this world's doom,
but still has tranquillity in loving this world.

I wonder at a person who is certain of the hereafter and its bounties
but he still rests.

I wonder at a person who is knowledgeable in his speech,
BUT ignorant in his heart.
I wonder at a person who cleans him/herself with water,
but does not cleanse his heart.

I wonder at people who look for bad points in others,
but ARE unaware of the same in themselves.

I wonder at a person who knows that Almighty Allah is aware of his
actions, but still commits sins.

I wonder at a person who preaches to the people,
but does not preach to his own soul.
I wonder at a person who knows that he/she will die alone,
go into the grave alone & give accounts alone,
but is still totally engrossed with
people who will not be able to help him/her.

Reference: Al Hadith al Qudsi - A Word of Allah, Ansariyan

No comments: