Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thought of the week

"Throughout every Thursday night, Allah (swt) orders an angel to call on behalf of the Almighty: Is there any believer who calls Me for this world and the Hereafter so that I grant his exigency? Is there any believer who repents of his sins before the sunrise, so that I forgive him? Is there any believer who asks for the abundance of his sustenance, which I have made scanty, before the sunrise, so that I will expand it? Is there any sick believer who asks me to heal him before the sunrise so that I make him well?Is there any jailed believer who asks me to free him before the sunrise, so that I grant him his demand? Is there any oppressed believer who asks me to take revenge from the oppressor, so that I restore his rights? He will keep saying so until dawn."
(Imam al-Baqir, as)Source: Bihar al Anwar: 86/282, chapter 2, radition 27

No comments: